Grilled Vegetables With Lemon & Herbs
Ready In: 50 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 3 zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup chopped basil
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped chives
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Chop garlic, and mash with 1/2 tsp salt. Add lemon juice and 1/3 cup olive oil. Set aside.
- Cut Zucchini lengthwise into 1/4″ slices. Cut peppers in half. Remove seeds & stems.
- Grill peppers, skin-side down, until skin blackens & blisters.
- Place peppers in a paper or plastic bag & close it.
- Brush zucchini with 1/3 cup olive oil. Grill in batches, 5 minutes per side. Place in large covered bowl until all vegetables are grilled.
- When peppers are cool, slip skins off with your fingers. Slice and add to zucchini
- Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with herbs, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Cover until ready to serve. Do not refrigerate.
from the kitchen of
Oprah Magazine Cookbook
I'd been looking for a great, healthy recipe that made veggies taste mouthwatering, so I was really excited when I discovered this recipe at the library. It's a bit of prep work, but super tasty and well-worth the wait.