Lemongrass Coconut Chicken Curry
Ready In: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tspfreshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1½ tbsp grated ginger
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- 16oz can of coconut milk
- 4 cups cooked basmati rice
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Slice the onion and chop the garlic. Add to the skillet.
- Cook, stirring frequently until the onions begin to caramelize, about 7 minutes.
- Cut the chicken thighs into strips.
- Add the salt, black pepper, sugar, ginger and chicken to the skillet.
- Cook over medium-high heat until the chicken begins to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add the lemongrass, curry powder, soy sauce and coconut cream (skim the cream from the coconut milk, leaving the clear coconut water).
- Stir to combine
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the chicken is cooked through.
- Discard the lemongrass before serving.
- Serve warm with rice